The Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) recently adopted an order that requires IPFone, like all Voice Over Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) service providers, to inform its customers of any differences between the E911 access capability available with IPFone Hosted PBX as compared to the E911 access capability available with traditional telephone service. (A copy of this FCC order is available at http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/voip911order.pdf.).
We ask that you carefully read this E911 Disclosure Addendum and understand how these differences affect your ability to access E911 services. If you have any questions or concerns about the information contained in this notice, or if you do not understand anything discussed in this notice, please contact our Customer Care Center at (866) 573-5300 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
The FCC’s E911 VoIP decision also requires IPFone to obtain and keep a record on file showing that your company has received and understood this E911 Disclosure Addendum. IPFone TELCOM respectfully requests your assistance in meeting this FCC compliance requirement by going to the link at the bottom of this Addendum. Please respond IMMEDIATELY to this Addendum. If we do not receive your reply promptly, we may be required by the FCC Order to suspend your service until we do receive your reply.
By responding to this Addendum, you are affirmatively acknowledging that (1) you have read and understood this E911 Disclosure Addendum, (2) you understand that you may not be able to contact emergency services by dialing 9-1-1 using IPFone Hosted PBX, and (3) you understand that you must inform users of IPFone Hosted PBX that they may not be able to contact emergency services by dialing 9-1-1 using IPFone Hosted PBX.
You may obtain a copy of the FCC regulation and accompanying E911 VoIP decision in Docket No. 05-196 at the following link: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/voip911order.pdf.
1. IPFone IP PBX E911 SERVICES MAY NOT OPERATE DURING A POWER OUTAGE. In the event of a power outage lasting longer than the IAD battery life, the IAD will lose power causing a loss of voice and data service, including access to E911 services. Once power service is restored, you may be required to reset or reconfigure your equipment before you will be able to use IPFone Hosted PBX to contact E911 services. You are responsible for providing an uninterruptible backup power supply if you wish to ensure continued operation of electrical equipment in the event of a power outage.
2. IPFone IP PBX E911 SERVICES WILL NOT OPERATE IF YOUR BROADBAND CONNECTION IS DISRUPTED OR IPFone IP PBX HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, NON-PAYMENT. Once your broadband connection and IPFone Hosted PBX have been restored, you may be required to reset or reconfigure your equipment before you will be able to use IPFone Hosted PBX service to contact E911 services.
3. YOU MUST PROVIDE IPFone TELCOM WITH YOUR CORRECT SERVICE ADDRESS OR IPFone IP PBX E911 SERVICES CALLS MAY BE ROUTED TO EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU. If you notice that the service address information identified in your contract or bill is inaccurate, you can make corrections by calling our Customer Care Center at (866) 573-5300 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
4. IPFone IP PBX E911 SERVICES CALLS MAY NOT COMPLETE OR MAY BE ROUTED TO EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU IF YOU DISABLE, DAMAGE OR MOVE THE IAD TO A LOCATION OTHER THAN THE SERVICE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED TO IPFone TELCOM WHEN SERVICE WAS INITIATED. If you wish to move to a new service address or report damage to your IAD, please call either your sales representative or Customer Care Center at (866) 573-5300 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
5. IPFone IP PBX E911 SERVICES CALLS MAY BE DELAYED OR DROPPED DUE TO NETWORK ARCHITECTURE. Due to network congestion or problems, calls to E911 services made using IPFone Hosted PBX may be dropped, in which case you will not be connected to emergency services, or your E911 calls may take longer to connect than E911 calls made using traditional telephone service.
IN ADDITION, YOU SHOULD MAINTAIN ALTERNATE MEANS OF CONTACTING E911 SERVICES AND YOU MUST INFORM YOUR IPFone IP PBX USERS OF THESE ALTERNATE MEANS. You will receive from IPFone TELCOM a set of stickers explaining when E911 service may not be available. Please place the stickers on or near the equipment you use to access IPFone Hosted PBX to alert users of alternate means of contacting E911 in the event of an emergency. If you need additional stickers, please contact our Customer Care Center at (866) 573-5300 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET