Interactive Services Network, Inc. DBA IPFone Privacy Statement
Interactive Services Network, Inc. (“IPFone” or “We”) are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and in using our products and services (“Solution” or “Solutions”).
This Privacy Statement applies to IPFone websites and Solutions that link to or reference this Statement and describes how we handle personal data and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal data. Additional information on our personal data practices may be provided in supplemental privacy statements or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection. Certain IPFone websites may have their own privacy statement that describes how we handle personal data for those websites specifically.
Collection of Your Personal Data
We may collect data, including personal data, about you as you use our websites and Solutions and interact with us. “Personal data” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, or payment card number.
We collect personal data for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including payment transactions.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Creating an account.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
If you choose to provide IPFone with a third party’s personal data (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some instances, IPFone and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for you.
Uses of Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal data include:
- Delivering a solution, you have requested.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our solutions and your online experience.
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from IPFone or from our partners.
You can edit your communication preferences at any time. See Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences below.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- By sending us a message through email at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name, email address, and specific, relevant information about the material you no longer wish to receive.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the solution in accordance with its terms and conditions.
By using our websites, solutions, or otherwise providing personal data to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites, by sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We need your help in keeping your personal data accurate and up to date. We provide a number of options to access, correct, or delete your personal data. If you need additional assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, or deleting your personal data, please feel free to contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, or correct your data. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal data in the following ways:
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested Solution, service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of IPFone, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. The purpose of such disclosure is to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties, in addition to other lawful purposes
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Data
WHEN YOU SUBMIT PERSONAL DATA TO IPFONE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IPFONE MAY SHARE PERSONAL DATA, RETAIN AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA IN, THE UNITED STATES, REGARDLESS OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU REGISTERED. IF YOU DO NOT APPROVE OF SUCH TRANSFER, PROCESSING AND/OR RETENTION, DO NOT SUBMIT PERSONAL DATA TO IPFONE.
Security of Your Personal Data
We intend to protect the personal data entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. IPFone implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data you provide to us.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Like many websites, IPFone uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, browser type and operating system.
They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior.This includes, for example, the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
Cookies and your choices related to cookies
We use the term cookie to refer to all technologies which store and access information on the device that you use to access our Services, such as your computer, tablet or mobile phone. For example, we use HTTP cookies, which are small data files (typically made up of numbers and letters) that are downloaded when you access our Services and allow us to recognize your device. We also use technology like pixel tags and software kits embedded in our apps (more info).
There are different types of cookies, for example:
- Cookies served directly by IPFone (“first party cookies”) and cookies served on our behalf, for example by data analytics partners (“third party cookies”)
- Cookies which endure for different periods of time, including those that only last only as long as your browser is open (referred to as “session cookies”) These are deleted automatically once you close your browser.
- Other cookies are “permanent cookies”, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they recognize your device when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
You have many choices with regards to the management of cookies on your computer. All major browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your system. To learn more about your ability to manage cookies and web beacons, please consult the privacy features in your browser.
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different from blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies. No industry standard currently exists on how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may develop in the future. IPFone websites do not currently recognize and respond to “do not track” signals. If we do in the future, we will describe how in this Privacy Statement. Learn more information about “do not track”.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites you visit.
Discussion forums and user communities
If you participate in a discussion forum or user communities on a IPFone website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e. your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither IPFone nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums may have additional rules and conditions. IPFone is not responsible for the personal data or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal data from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal data, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
IPFone does not sell products or services for purchase or use by children. IPFone does not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children or teenagers under the age of eighteen. In addition, IPFone will not knowingly link to any third party web site that solicits or collects personal data. If you believe that we may have collected personal data from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates to this IPFone Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website or Solutions after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
The IPFone Privacy Statement was revised and posted as of June 14, 2018.